Hi! I'm Gretchen! Welcome to Big Sky Mama! This is my creative spot where I keep all my photography, writing, and my book lists. I hope this little corner of the internet gives you great parenting advice, some gorgeous Montana scenery, and a book recommendation or two. Thanks for joining me here!
Want to know more?
- I live in Kalispell, MT where we own Tamarack Insurance. In my free time, I write for magazines or on this blog about parenting and I am an avid photographer.
-I have degrees in English and Education from the University of Colorado. I taught multiple grades from prek to 8th grade over 29 years. I also owned a preschool! I have certifications as a parent educator and as a Love and Logic facilitator.
-I also speak at conferences about will power, habit, and goal setting as well as teaching and parenting for excellence.
- My favorite thing to do is read! I love all books but my favorites are historical fiction or multigenerational family stories. My dream job is to own a bookstore.
- I am a large family mama of 10 kids...5 boys and 5 girls ranging in age from 28 to 10.
- I love winter, snow, and mountain lodges.
- I live near Glacier Park and spend my summers hiking, camping, fishing, and reading in the mountains. My camera is always with me! I love to take photos of landscapes and people. To get in touch to order photos or book photography sessions email to email@example.com